Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
30-day money-back guarantee
Free Shipping in the U.S. on Orders over $50
Buy now and choose from several shipping methods
Description: The WAV Trigger is a unique high-fidelity polyphonic audio player with surprising capabilities. Supporting up to 2048 uncompressed 16-bit, 44.1kHz wav files – the same quality as an audio CD – the WAV Trigger can play and mix up to 14 stereo tracks simultaneously and independently, with very low latency. Tracks can be controlled via 16 programmable trigger inputs, or by using a native serial control protocol or even MIDI.
Trigger inputs can be connected directly to switches and buttons, or to digital outputs from sensors or another microcontroller. Alternate functions can be specified using a free cross-platform GUI application, and allow triggers to play sequential or random tracks, pause and resume groups of tracks and even control volume. An Arduino library allows for complex serial control like real-time mixing, starting multiple tracks in sample-sync and smooth cross-fading between tracks.
On-board sample rate conversion allows for smoothly changing playback speed/pitch from 0.5x to 2x. in real-time.
MIDI allows you to use the WAV Trigger as a polyphonic sampling synthesizer to play your own sounds from any MIDI keyboard controller. MIDI Channels and Note numbers are mapped to track numbers, and MIDI Controllers adjust volume as well as attack and release times. MIDI Program Change is supported to switch between up to 16 banks of 128 sounds. The WAV Trigger audio engine even implements, pitch bending, voice stealing (oldest playing voices are used for new MIDI Notes when all 14 voices are being used), note attack (fade-in), note release (fade-out) and latency averages 8 ms.
The WAV Trigger supports both SDSC (up to 2GB) and SDHC (up to 32GB) type microSD cards.
Check the link in the documents below to keep up with the latest Firmware updates!
- Supports up to 2048 uncompressed 16-bit stereo WAV files up to 44.1kHz – CD quality
- Polyphonic! Play and mix up to 14 stereo tracks independently and simultaneously
- Sample-accurate starting and playback of up to 14 parallel stereo tracks
- Trigger-to-sound delay: 8 msecs typ, 12 msecs max
- MIDI control: Velocity-sensitive triggering of up to16 banks of 128 tracks
- Real-time playback rate control and MIDI Pitch Bend
- Pause and resume individual or groups of tracks. Multiple random trigger ranges
- True line-level stereo output: 2.1V RMS ground centered, 100dB SNR
- On-board mono audio amplifier and speaker connector: 2W into 4 Ohms, 1.25W into 8 Ohms
- 16 trigger inputs are individually adjustable for contact closure, 3.3V or 5.0V control
- Trigger inputs can be individually inverted, and/or set to be edge, latched or level sensitive
- Volumes adjustable from +10dB to -70dB in 0.5dB increments
- Firmware volume fades (attacks & decays) and cross-fades
- A dedicated “Play” status digital output pin
- 3.3V and 5.0V output pins
- Extensive serial control. Arduino library available. Pin compatible with SparkFun FTDI Basic